If you are a business and need to stay ahead of the market, you need to do much more than building an amazing product. People only buy stuff which they feel connected to. Therefore, to connect with their customers, businesses advertise.
Advertising can be a tricky business with all the available options out there. You have to choose which one to invest in – print, TV, radio or digital media. But these options are only suitable for targeting people when they are in the office or at home. People spend a great deal of their lives outside their homes. Do you really want to leave that space vacant in your marketing strategy? No!
To achieve holistic success with your ads campaign, you need to target your customers even when they are out of their homes. It plays a very important role in making your product popular. Out Of Home advertising does the job for you! It makes that first impression on people through billboards, store signage, and transit ads, but isn’t limited to just these.
Outdoor advertising is not just limited to billboards and transit ads but it also includes a whole bunch of things you may have never even considered:
· NHS Blood and Transplant’ Virtual Blood donation : Using Augmented Reality to allow people to give virtual blood donations.
· Interactive billboards like that of National Geographic – Endangered species day.
The list goes on as far as your eyes can wander.
The umbrella of OOH advertising consists of just about everything you find outside the home. It is worth mentioning that the definition of outdoor advertising puts more focus on the medium than the device used to deliver it. So, if you see an advertisement on your mobile device while surfing the web in line at the grocery store, it would not be considered as outdoor advertising!
OOH advertising has come a long way and is definitely here to stay. It has been transformed by digitization over the past few years and that aggressive digital focus is bound to continue. It is only a matter of time before the lines between OOH, AI, machine learning, and augmented reality diminish.
Digital Out Of Home (DOOH) will become a more important part of making our cities smarter. Thus making the ads more dynamic, more effective and more flexible.
If you haven’t included outdoor advertising in your marketing mix yet, then here are 7 great reasons that will convince you to try it.
1. People spend more time today than ever in their commute. Outdoor advertising is in front of the consumer while they are traveling. Hence, your ad is displayed without any inconvenience to the audience. Also, they can neither block it nor report it as spam! (yet)
2. Outdoor ads can be viewed all day, every day. Based on data, digital OOH ads can even be chosen to display only during select time intervals of the day based on the brand’s campaigns.
3. It offers endless possibilities to create and market the products in innovative ways making them stand out of the crowd. Outdoor ads are big, bold, and larger than life.
Take for example the British Airways campaign that featured a child looking up every time a flight flew over the billboard. Innovative, right.
4. Since most billboards and other banner programs cost less than a penny per thousand views, outdoor advertising is one of the most cost-effective forms of advertising on the market.
5. When placed near retail areas, they can target consumers in a purchasing mindset. Your target segment is already in the mood to buy and your ads can push them into your store.
6. It helps you to create better brand awareness and recall by complementing your other digital marketing campaigns on TV, radio or print.
7. We at Stuck AI can help you target the right audience by displaying these ads in a specific location or neighborhood in a city.
The next time you are setting up a marketing campaign, consider digital out of home advertising to promote your products and services and boost your brand.
Some advertisers’ major focus is on the local neighborhood. They don’t need to advertise in a city or an area-wise basis. Here’s when hyperlocal marketing comes in to play.
It is a process of targeting prospective customers in a highly specific (sometimes just a few blocks or streets) and geographically restricted areas with the intention of targeting people local to that area.
If you have ever looked for a service online in your area, chances are that you have already conducted a hyperlocal search. The primary objective for hyperlocal targeting is to drive foot traffic to retail locations in the vicinity by targeting the people nearby.
Leading retail brands trust their data and they have powerful engines that derive intelligence from them. Many brands have hyperlocal inventories based on their sales data as they know which sells better in a particular location.
Just like how hyperlocal inventory works, hyperlocal targeting works wonders when you are looking to attract customers from a specific neighborhood. You can save a lot of your ad spends by being super specific with your targeting.
If you are looking for a particular home service online, you are often shown results based on your location. In the same way, the time has now come for brands to take a hyperlocal approach when it comes to advertising. Your customers are near and you just have to bring them into your store.
Laser-targeted ad campaigns, when powered by AI, can read patterns and trends and derives valuable insights from customers’ behavior. This helps you to create more personalized messages across different user segments
This is the world we live in today, and when it comes to hyperlocal out of home advertising, we are still probably in the early days of it.
Digital Outdoor advertising combined with hyperlocal targeting and AI is a killer combination and shows excellent results when used correctly. DOOH could be the future of advertising and you don’t want to miss this potential game-changer!